New York and USA Politics to Die for
New York and USA Politics - to die for
I am old enough to remember Eisenhower, JFK and the succeeding presidents. Reagan and Trump are the only two I enthusiastically supported and Trump is now worrisome to me. When I was younger, the democrats were more labor and social oriented, aggressive but respectful pursuing their agenda. The republicans were business and small government oriented. Too, the republicans were respectful. This blog will not discuss the incivility in government now. Just yesterday a wacko said to congress that Islam will kill all Americans. I understand she is getting a Federal charge from that. I hope so.
I won’t take the high road. I am no longer on Facebook but when I was I received many vicious, vile comments on my posts, typically from people who had no substantial rebuttal but enjoyed exercising hate. Same with X and I have never had anything to do with Tic Toc, Instagram or any other “social” site. Without hesitation I meet hate with hate. I don’t initiate it but won’t let evil pass.
Now, Republicans are actually intimidated by the Left (except Trump) and more frequently shy away from volatile yet critical positions even where those positions are enumerated in the constitution, First and Second Amendments come to mind. The wacky left can threaten hate, assault and murder folks with the blessing of wacky judges and the republicans hide in fear that prosecution of the blacks and wackos will cause riots and more hatred.
Again, I am not one to take the “higher ground.” Bring it on. I will defend myself as best I can as we witness the government’s unwillingness to protect me especially if the criminal is a minority.
I am a Libertarian, who with only one exception, has never voted for a democrat. Frequently I do not vote for Republicans either. A phrase that has been around forever that I like is that I will not vote “the lesser of evils.” Moderates claim that belief is destructive - shooting myself in the foot - but I will not vote for a candidate who passively allows the leftist/muslim agenda to grow. I won't vote for folks who take my constitutional rights from me, just at a slower pace than the rabid democrats. I would rather New York and the country fail than vote for candidates who saw it coming and did not fall on their sword to stop it. Unfortunately across the political spectrum the mantra is not good government but rather growing and holding power. The democrats are unabashed in their hate for our country and we will see how far they get in November but the Republicans should be shouting out loud that Marxism/muslin governance will not only not gain ground but will lose ground if the republican succeeds. National guard? Whatever it takes to stop those willing to use violence to cancel my speech or the speech of quality folks in power with whom they do not agree. I think the Republicans are more concerned about power than good governance, and democrats - well they keep on being big government white-hating pond scum. I am not an insider but I have a hunch the republicans are trying to balance their 2026 and 2028 platforms with power they may lose or gain. Offend a marxist minority? Might lose the election. So, ignore the important issues and hope the wacky leftist candidate is rejected…but to what value? If the governor, or legislator soft-pedals critical, constitutionally directed government roles, we will further succumb to truly dangerous government. So, I will not vote for a “Republican in Name only” (RiNo).
In New York, BRUCE BLAKEMAN, the Republican, is hoping to unseat HATHY HOCHUL (A truly abhorrent “governor”). Unfortunately BLAKEMAN is a RiNo, unwilling to tackle the destructive inroads of the left. His first solicitation (they love donations from people whom they have no intention of representing) included his “positions.” How nice. How many voters DON’T want safer streets, clean air and lower taxes? I do too but he skirted several extremely important issues. After the U.S. Supreme Court ruled most of Evil HOCHUL’S gun laws unconstitutional, she then created a list, literally, that looks like a shopping list, of places one may not take a legally-owned gun. One requirement is that before a gun is taken on to someone else’s property, the bearer must obtain written permission from the owner. An observer asked, “So if I pull into a gas station to fill up my car I have to get permission from the owner since I have a gun?” I am not connected to a gun lobby (though I have several guns which I am not afraid to use, legally licensed including a concealed-carry permit). Frankly they scare me and have never been a hobby but I will not hesitate, nor will I suffer any remorse for shooting someone who intends to hurt me or my family. So, I don’t know what the status of her egregious law is but I believe Evil HOCHUL’S list is currently in the courts. This horrid human being (?) proclaimed “there is no good guy with a gun.” I hope her security is unarmed, though I doubt it. By the way, there are plenty of good guys with guns; just don’t look on MSNBC or CNN to find them.
The second of four issues I wrote BLAKEMAN was about the First Amendment. I wanted him to be quite clear that public institutions do not interfere with speech, be it on campus or against the government itself. I was discharged from a volunteer firefighter position for taking a public position against an expenditure the good old boys wanted. My position did prevail and because I have an NDA I cannot speak further about it. My experience is indeed “truth to power.”
The third issue is MAMDANI’S Islam New York. I don’t believe the city of New York can thrive given the continuing harm to capital and income MAMDANI is creating. MAMDANI will have to ask Evil HOCHUL for money. She has given some and is inclined to give more to the city but has to be careful about it. New York is already the second highest taxed state in the union (Hawaii is first) nor do New Yorkers, even in the city, think much of socialism. If Evil HOCHUL wins this Fall, all bets are off. She will be deceitful about it but will give him my tax dollars. The other potential source is the Feds. I do not believe during the Trump administration the Feds will be giving my tax dollars to MAMDANI. If the Dems take the white house in 2028 then again, all bets are off. If that happens perhaps the Republicans will hold on to the House or the Senate. We have to wait two years for that election and if we are lucky New York City may show signs of fatigue before 2028, not that CNN or MSNBC will cover it.
The fourth issue is “Diversity, Equity and Inclusion” - “DEI”- which, without rebuttal, is racist and sexist. Understanding BLAKEMAN is busy raking in the results of his solicitations, I offered to give an aide a tour of a few examples and not interrupt his busy day. SURPRISE: BLAKEMAN did not write me back. I did continue to get solicitations from him for a while. I don’t know what stopped that though I did write to the New York Republican party demanding they stop him from soliciting me. I will not vote for BLAKEMAN and hope to have letters printed in a few newspapers explaining my reasons as November nears. I would rather Evil HOCHUL drive this state to ruin than someone who calls himself a Republican, a “protector” of my safety, my civil rights and my wallet. BLAKEMAN is not that candidate.
One last problem I have with BLAKEMAN, he claims he has the support of both Republicans and Democrats. That does not work for me. Keeping everyone happy means he will not make uncomfortable controversial decisions. Indeed politics SHOULD be about compromise but the political divide in our country is too intense for compromise. To claim “I can please everybody,” is suspect. You do that by taking only weak stands.
SARITHA KOMATIREDDY: is scary. She hopes to unseat LETICIA JAMES, New York’s Attorney General, a black racist and Trump hater. KOMATIREDDY is running under the Republican banner and has the support of the state Republican party.
This candidate has strong credentials. Exceptionally strong, but I noticed she accepted the endorsement of the “AFRICAN AMERICAN CAUCUS.” Given the state of racial relations I believe this is foolish and racist. The hate and divisiveness fostered by Obama, Biden and the blacks in Congress will bring this country down. I will not vote for anyone who accepts the endorsement of a race-based organization. I wrote to her about this and, voila, no reply. She did ask for money however. Again, she is incredibly qualified but given the hatred black organizations have for whites and her acceptance of an endorsement from a race-based organization, she will get neither my vote or my money.
Also, her platform includes a promise to prosecute violence against women (division by gender). I am a man; is this supposed to make me feel safer? I prefer her to diabolical LETICIA JAMES but will pass this contest on the ballot. As a white male, I cannot vote for her.
This adds up to a man without a vote. There are other Republicans for whom I will not vote either. NICK LALOTA seeks a second term to the Federal house. I have written to him on several issues. I do get a reply but the replies do not address my concerns. I think he has a sponge in his mouth. His exact positions are difficult to learn. Oh, wait, he did secure funding for road improvement in Suffolk County (New York). I know so few local politicians and do not vote for people I don’t know. Typically there are bond issues or “resolutions” on the ballot. I research those and vote. Voting even on one issue or candidate is important. If a New York voter does not vote for two years that voter’s name is removed from the rolls (not sure of that). I have visited the polling place many times before and voted for one item from several pages of candidates and issues. Oh well.
Libertarians have little purchase. I evolved from Republican to Libertarian when a Libertarian Party officer offered help with my candidacy for an elected office (I was shellacked!). I declined the help because I did not know what the party was about. I then attended a few conventions. Libertarianism immediately made sense to me. I am registered Republican but vote in the absence of party preference.
I look forward to the 2026 elections. I say seriously that elections are more fun than sporting events to me so my interest is keen. I hope for outcomes but if they lose, the public and I can learn from the results.
*&*&*&*&

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home