Monday, August 17, 2026

Doc Martin Remake is atrocious

 If you liked “Doc Martin,” produced in the years 2004 - 2022, featuring a blood-fearing, pompous doctor in Wales, laced with funny characters and serious moments and relationships, you might want Dramamine if you intend to watch the horrible remake, “Doctor Best” on Netflix.  Netflix just cannot help being woke, many productions are indeed saturated with woke and this one takes the cake, completely destroying the stories and characters in the original production.  Unless you are woke.  Even then the writing is so cheesy it is tough to either laugh or take seriously.  I will note that there may be spoilers in my review.  It is not my intent.  My wife can tell me anything without "spoiling" the show for me.  On the other hand if I tell her one word beyond the title she says I am spoiling it for her.


The original, as I recall, consisted of all whites, straight sexually and a neurotic doctor (and many other characters) the viewer could take seriously.


The revision is allegedly filmed in Maine which is 3.4 percent minority in total but less so in the northern/Eastern regions. In truth it is filmed in northern rural New York).  Netfilx’ mission is force-feeding woke to we who  are so  over-run with various phobias.  In a cast of maybe ten important characters, we have one gay, an interracial couple (black male, white female of course) a Hispanic woman, a black (I think) sheriff and an Asian woman.  Not in sync with the population.  In the original there was a pack of disrespectful high school girls who would mock Doc Martin when they passed him.  Lo and behold, one of the three now is an effeminate male. 


Aside from the woke force-feeding, the replacement characters are hard to fathom if you are a fan of the characters in the original Doc Martin.  The new doctor is just not believable or interesting. The new cast of characters is out of place and to me are cast quite poorly. Their scripts are too goofy to believe. The writing is corny compared to the original Doc Martin. The doctor himself is not funny nor can he be taken seriously.  Both Doc Martins come across as stoic, lacking emotion  or caring.  That is in sync but the original Doc Martin (Martin Clunes) was more believable. I have no examples and won’t look for any since for me it is episode one and done.


My wife and I are extremely disappointed.  We loved “Doc Martin”; watched the series three times.  I won’t watch any additional episodes of this woke garbage.  In an era with serious shortage of quality film we had really looked forward to this.  What a disappointment. Given my poor memory, the original  “Doc Martin” will be a new show again when we watch it one more time in the future.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home